Moi

My photo
Chicago, IL
22 year old RN. I work in neuroscience, everything head and up. (brain trauma, bleeds, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors, etc). Married to the man of my dreams. Head over heels in love with Chicago. I enjoy causing trouble and stirring up interest. & in my spare time, I hang out with homeless people...and do arts and crafts.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dexter Gunner Retter

Alex and I got a new pup!

His name is Dexter Gunner Retter.
Dexter is his given name, Gunner is the name we gave him, and Retter is his family name :)

We were at a pilsen thrift store and were walking around. Back in the warehouse part, we saw a little skinny boxer tied up. I started playing with him, and although a little skiddish, he was a real sweetheart.

Long story short, he had come from a previous owner before that, probably been abused some, and the thrift store owner had little money to take care of him. He was mostly being fed white rice. :(


The owner offered him to us for FREE.

We thought about it, then of course, made Dexter part of our family.

He is an awesome dog already, cuddles with us, plays lots of ball with us, and just loves being loved.

We have waited a long time to have a dog, and although we were going to wait a little longer, this was obviously fate for us.

A brindle male boxer? Our favorite.

So Meet our newest family member. Dexter Gunner Retter.








No comments:

Post a Comment