Moi

My photo
Chicago, IL
22 year old RN. I work in neuroscience, everything head and up. (brain trauma, bleeds, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors, etc). Married to the man of my dreams. Head over heels in love with Chicago. I enjoy causing trouble and stirring up interest. & in my spare time, I hang out with homeless people...and do arts and crafts.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Our First Apartment...and Bar???!




Alex and I got an a apartment!
Well actually, Alex and I signed a lease today on a bar.

Yes, that's right kids. Alex and I will be renting out a bar starting July 1st.







Let's clarify:
>1. So there's this really sweet dive bar
>2. So this really sweet dive bar struggles economically and the owner tries to save it by selling excotic reptiles on the black market
>3. Nobody wants the reptiles, the owner can't save the bar.
>4. The bar becomes vacant.
>5. The bar is being rented out as a "living space."
>6. We rent it.

So, yes, it's a bar.
And yes, it will be where we live.
At this point we have no intention of opening up our home as a bar.
But hey, it's us. You never know.

SO Here's the deal:

*There's a huge bar complete with the taps. (Taps not currently working, but alex will have them up and running in NO time).

*There's a completely full basement just for us!!!! (with a washer and dryer!!!)
>note: VERY unfinished basement, DUH! but that's the way we like it.

*There's a loft up the stairs.

*There's a ladies and mens room.

*There's a big room with double doors that says "private". Probably an office at one point. But now to be our "private bedroom." :)

*The walls are magnetic

*The ceilings are tin.

*You will all want to come visit.

*I will post more pictures of the apartment and of Pilsen in my next one.






1 comment:

  1. So when can I come visit while I'm out in Chi-town? anytime before the wedding that might pooooosssibly work?? ;o)

    ReplyDelete