Moi

My photo
Chicago, IL
22 year old RN. I work in neuroscience, everything head and up. (brain trauma, bleeds, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors, etc). Married to the man of my dreams. Head over heels in love with Chicago. I enjoy causing trouble and stirring up interest. & in my spare time, I hang out with homeless people...and do arts and crafts.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One of my saddest moments to date


I just experienced an incredibly sad moment. One of the saddest.

The moment I had to hold my head down, mope into McDonalds take my Shrek cups back!!!!

They were recalled because of some "toxic substance."

If you are not aware, I am a shrek fanatic! Seriously. I can't even contain myself. I'm like a three year old who watches the movies on a constant loop. I never get over it, i never stop laughing. I never stop adoring the film and everything it stands for. So returning these beautiful glass cups imprinted with all my favorite characters and friends....was to say the very least, heart wrenching.

NPR did a pretty interesting article on it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127467531

NPR had raved on the film as well. Saying it was "better than sex." I have no specific comment on that. But yes, it was wonderful. One of my favorite films. And surely just as passionate and loving as love-making itself.

http://scpr.org/news/2010/05/30/shrek-better-sex-box-office/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+893KpccSouthernCaliforniaNews+%28KPCC%3A+News%29

So goodbye Fiona, Shrek, Puss, and Donkey. Goodbye ogre resistance....

Goodbye Rumple, Gingy, Charming, Three blind mice, and Dragon-donkey babies.

But most of all???

Goodbye my happily-ever after.

:(





1 comment:

  1. BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO!!!!!!!!! KEEP THE CUPS!
    Man that is soooooooo upsetting. I understand you pain.

    ReplyDelete