Moi

My photo
Chicago, IL
22 year old RN. I work in neuroscience, everything head and up. (brain trauma, bleeds, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors, etc). Married to the man of my dreams. Head over heels in love with Chicago. I enjoy causing trouble and stirring up interest. & in my spare time, I hang out with homeless people...and do arts and crafts.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Story Worthy Life?

I think that life should always be "story worthy."

I got this wording from the Moth podcast. The Moth is an awesome event that meets at different places throughout different cities. Here in Chicago, it meets at Martyrs Bar. People go up to the microphone, without notes, and tell a true story about their life. The stories often make you laugh so hard you have to pee your pants, or maybe even cry. It reminds us to live lives that make good stories later. This is a philosophy that I truly try to live by. Sometimes I try to make situations interesting, sometimes things just happen.

This is also why I adore the movie "Big fish." Sometime even the craziest sounding stories are true, or at least mostly true.

These are the tales of my story worthy life that I share with my partner in crime and best friend, my future husband, Alex.


No comments:

Post a Comment