Moi

My photo
Chicago, IL
22 year old RN. I work in neuroscience, everything head and up. (brain trauma, bleeds, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors, etc). Married to the man of my dreams. Head over heels in love with Chicago. I enjoy causing trouble and stirring up interest. & in my spare time, I hang out with homeless people...and do arts and crafts.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

All The Little Things I can get in trouble for......


If you know me, you know I like to stir interest, or perhaps trouble...depending on how you look at it. Sometimes i'm not trying to stir trouble, i'm just trying to make someone think twice about something they've only thought once about. I grew up open minded and though my parents lean more toward the conservative side, they are incredibly independent and encourage me to be independent in my life and in my thoughts. The one thing that pushed me away from the Christian church for so long was the politics attached to it. How could Christians hate people who get abortions? I thought they were supposed to be loving to those in the most need? How could Christians not support homosexuals? Didn't they have enough ridicule from everyone else? How could Christians go to a sunday service in a big shiny stained glass building and completely ignore the barefooted homeless man on the outside?

Sometimes I know I go too far. I know I can make people upset, and just so you know it's nothing personal. I think I just like to say things sometimes to get a reaction. Or maybe, just maybe, you'll think twice before relating conservative politics to my Jesus again. You do not have to be a republican or a democrat to be a christian. Here are some images I've collected over the years, some extreme, some not so much, but all show how I felt about this at some point or another.

















No comments:

Post a Comment