Moi

My photo
Chicago, IL
22 year old RN. I work in neuroscience, everything head and up. (brain trauma, bleeds, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors, etc). Married to the man of my dreams. Head over heels in love with Chicago. I enjoy causing trouble and stirring up interest. & in my spare time, I hang out with homeless people...and do arts and crafts.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

I may actually be getting a little excited....

I may actually be getting a little excited to be having a little baby.

Mostly because I can dress him/her in THESE!

1. Naturally....the Chicago Flag!!!





2. A little joke....haha

My baby will a pacifist like their mommy.


I love internal organs! haha


Maybe my favorite!

Another awesome one





Gotta love Ghandi!





Anyways, life is sure moving fast. I'm still big time adjusting to this huge huge huge life change that I never expected and could have never been ready for. I will be the first to admit I still get bitter and sad when I think about how life is not going my way, but I'm very blessed to have a husband who continually reminds me that life's most wonderful gifts are not always planned out. He shows me cute baby clothes, looks up pregnancy questions, and always makes me sleep on my left side. (apparently you are supposed to do that?) Anyways, although I feel as though I sometimes stepped onto a traumatic episode of Teen Mom, I realize that I have it really good. I have a great job, make a lot more money that i need, have an awesome apartment, a great dog, supportive parents, and most of all a husband who I'm madly in love with more and more everyday...(and who will make an outstanding daddy). Although I realize all these things, I adjust S-L-O-W-L-Y. I still find myself incredibly hesitant to look at baby clothes, talk about nurseries, or try on maternity clothes. I'm fifteen weeks pregnant as of today. I'm eating a little more than I have been, and although I'm still behind on my weight gain, I think I'm doing better. In a few weeks, if I can make myself, I may even have a belly picture to put up on here. (I think that unfortunately I cannot stop this from happening, and yes, a baby is DEFINITELY growing in there!) Anyways, I know that a lot of people are praying for us and we thank you.

Looking at these onesies was a big step for me, Alex said he was proud. ;)



2 comments:

  1. hey girl, thanks for being honest. i would've been freaked out to be pregnant so soon after i got married too. i didn't even want children at all, but having michael has been a gift.

    not sure how much has changed since i was pregnant, but i slept on my stomach for as long as possible and never slept on my back.

    hope you know that the Lord was not surprised by this and that He knows everything you'll need to walk this path. better yet, He'll give you everything you need, moment by moment. trust Him. and don't feel compelled to take any belly shots!

    ReplyDelete