Moi

My photo
Chicago, IL
22 year old RN. I work in neuroscience, everything head and up. (brain trauma, bleeds, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors, etc). Married to the man of my dreams. Head over heels in love with Chicago. I enjoy causing trouble and stirring up interest. & in my spare time, I hang out with homeless people...and do arts and crafts.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

LET IT OUT

I was thinking today about my old girl's group that I started a few years ago in college. It was amazing and I miss those girls soo incredibly much. I basically started this group for girls who have been hurt or abused. Going through some abuse myself, my teacher/counselor told me an effective way to help was to help others. Thus, became my tuesday night girl's group. I will never forget the first night, none of us had ever met, we all ate my burnt cookies sitting around the floor of my apt. I opened it up with these two videos. The whole idea is that we were there to listen to eachother, let it out. What ensued from then on was beautiful and getting touched by some of the most amazing souls I've ever met. I love you girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment